PDA

View Full Version : Got the new lens over here in Germany ......

weaponeer
04-28-2009, 06:23 AM
I picked up a new Nikkor 35mm/F1.8 AF-S lens at a camera shop here in Munich. I have had one on order from Amazon for a couple of weeks, but they are backordered and no sign of when it will become available. They seem to be in pretty tight supply so far. My local shops in Austin didn't have one last week.

So I paid a bit more that I would have on-line. 219 Euro, or about $280 US. I may be able to get a refund of part of the VAT as I process through Frankfurt airport on the way home. I'm also not too sure if the warranty is Europe only or if it's good in the US. A chance I'll have to tke.

So, I paid too much, but hey, it's a sweet lens. :-) I just took a few test shots around the hotel and loaded them into the laptop to look at a little closer. Seems to be a nice, sharp, fast lens. It focuses very fast on my D40, and the focus appears very accurate at the couple of ranges I have tried test shots.

Once I get a decent internet access again I'll try to post some pics. The internet access here in the hotel is 27 Euro per day, so I am not getting it every day. Got to find a free hotspot somewhere.

Pistolero
04-28-2009, 07:05 AM
Cool. I'm still waiting on mine. ;(

Slugo
04-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Bruce, we do need some pictures, sometime! :O

weaponeer
04-29-2009, 06:42 AM
Bruce, we do need some pictures, sometime! :O

Just quick snapshots out my hotel window to make sure it worked. Only re-sized in PS Elements 6. The base pic was only jpeg basic so much compression. I took them in RAW + Basic jpg, but haven't had time to dick with any of the RAW files yet. (I am actually WORKING over here, ya know!;) I'm just using some of the fuel cell company's bandwidth here over lunchtime to send these.) When I get a better internet connection at the Frankfurt hotel I'll try to do better.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~weaponeer/35mmpic1.jpg

http://home.roadrunner.com/~weaponeer/35mmpic2.jpg

Cloudy and rainning here today. Going to a Brewery for dinner tonight with the corporate crowd. Maybe I can try some low light pics.

Pistolero
04-29-2009, 07:23 AM
I wish Amazon would get on the stick with that. ;)

Sushi
04-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Excellent results, great buy... It makes for a small and light camera travel kit. About the warranty - it will not be honored in the U.S. but I suspect before you have any trouble with it, the warranty coverage will be long done with...