PDA

View Full Version : My take on the F1 season so far...

Slugo
04-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Even though there haven't been many different winners this season, one thing has changed: there have been passes, even for the lead. I haven't seen this much actual passing in F1 since the 80's.

And every race has not been won in the pits.

It just looks like Ross Brawn has reasserted himself. After all, he was the real link for Schumacher. We always said "Michael steers the car but Ross wins the races" and it looks like that could propel even Jenson Button to the World Championship...

karma police
04-29-2009, 11:02 AM
As McLaren, Ferrari and Renault catch up. Assuming Brawn and Red Bull remain strong. Toyota has looked strong but they always seem to find a way to blow it come race time. It sounds like the entire field's adaption of the "trick diffuser" may dampen the passing as the season continues in Europe.

wallymann
04-29-2009, 11:13 AM
fewer BS aero empennages hangin off in strange places. and REAL slicks, too!

sounds like that driver-controlled flap in the front wing has been an important part to passing, as well as making mechanical and underbody grip a bigger % of grip.

i kinda like seeing the effect of KERS in good hands, like alonso. he's a gifted in a normal car, but give him KERS he's a magician at the start.

i dont think having broader adoption of the double-decker diffuser will lessen passing. it'll just move more guys to the front to mix it up and maybe increase the passing.

Slugo
04-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Wally, check this photo out. Off the NASA website today...

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/334060main_image_1336_946-710.jpg

wallymann
04-29-2009, 03:25 PM
...but still sexy!

i work with a guy that was a top-gun pilot. but not just a regular top-gun pilot...he was an aggressor pilot!

talk about an awesome job...fly the shit out of things and do a little ACM...every day!