PDA

View Full Version : Some upcoming Seikos >>>

Tai-Pan
04-05-2009, 03:18 AM
New Alpinist models to be released in July. I like the first two. They use the old SKX diver cases, but the movement used is the 6R15 which hacks and handwinds. I don't know if the crystals are sapphire.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/Reintitan/Watches/SARB059.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/Reintitan/Watches/SARB061.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/Reintitan/Watches/SARB063.jpg

Slugo
04-05-2009, 05:13 AM
I really like the all stainless model on bracelet. Movement sounds good to me also...

BlackHills
04-05-2009, 09:03 AM
I like that all black one best. I don't care for the bezel though, I think putting compass markings on the bezel is totally useless and just plain silly. However, if it uses the SKX case it should be easy to fix that problem.

Sushi
04-05-2009, 08:23 PM
and be done with it

kv
04-05-2009, 08:33 PM
I like that all black one best. I don't care for the bezel though, I think putting compass markings on the bezel is totally useless and just plain silly. However, if it uses the SKX case it should be easy to fix that problem.

like the "black finish".

Tai-Pan
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
That's the way I'd go. Better reliability and build-quality on the Seiko! I know, I own 3 Pannies!

Mike S
04-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Very nice. I like the PVD best but that all SS one is pretty cool too.

Pistolero
04-10-2009, 11:50 AM

Not really...

If you have an analog wrist watch, you can use the time to find north. Hold your watch up in front of you, and let the hour hand, point at the sun. While holding it like this, cut the angle between the hour hand and 12 o'clock in two, (noonwards if the time is before 6am or after 6pm), that way is south. (The reason you need to cut it in two, is because the clock takes two rotations while the sun takes one around the earth, it is of course the other way around, but never mind.)

So just set the bezel to the S position and you have a compass if lost.

Johnny Toxin
04-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Very nice. I like the PVD best but that all SS one is pretty cool too.

Yeah, I'll take the PVD version too.

Man, I might actually have to buy a watch again. :eek: ;)

BlackHills
04-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Not really...

If you have an analog wrist watch, you can use the time to find north. Hold your watch up in front of you, and let the hour hand, point at the sun. While holding it like this, cut the angle between the hour hand and 12 o'clock in two, (noonwards if the time is before 6am or after 6pm), that way is south. (The reason you need to cut it in two, is because the clock takes two rotations while the sun takes one around the earth, it is of course the other way around, but never mind.)

So just set the bezel to the S position and you have a compass if lost.

Yes, I'm aware of that. You also use 1 instead of 12 if it's DST, and that method works in the Northern Hemisphere. In the Southern Hemisphere you point 12 (or 1) towards the sun and halfway between it and the hour hand is north.

However, there's no need for the markings on the bezel...if I know south I can figure the other 3 directions out. :) If you rotate the bezel that way it only stays pointed south if you keep the watch pointed at the sun and make adjustments as the sun/time change....once you put it back on your wrist the bezel won't stay oriented to the compass directions.

Pistolero
04-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Well, considering it's probably NEVER be used that way, it's just an affectation anyway. Just something to talk about at the bar. ;)