PDA

View Full Version : just received a letter from my sister >>

kv
04-06-2009, 06:26 PM
in vero beach. last time we talked was last Hanukkah breifly over the phone. her youngest son my nephew has one of the highest RBI's in the nation (college baseball) at age 19. she's been his biggest supporter since he played T-Ball and alway tells me "kirk one day you & I will be sitting in Yankee Stadium watching him play. I just can't believe she took the time to send a 5 page typed letter to me.

karma police
04-06-2009, 07:04 PM
I actually used to buy stationary. Haven't written a letter at least 10 years though. My 89 y.o. Dad and I email each other!

Pretty cool about your nephew, I hope he makes it big.

weaponeer
04-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I actually still correspond with my step-sister by hand-writing letters with a fountain pen on elegant stationery. Kinda a die hard, I guess.

Pistolero
04-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I actually still correspond with my step-sister by hand-writing letters with a fountain pen on elegant stationery. Kinda a die hard, I guess.

That's pretty cool. I can barely read my own handwriting, I couldn't imagine anyone else reading it. I guess it's one of those "use it or lose it" things?

kv
04-06-2009, 08:29 PM
something like 150 wpm with little ofr no errors. I always get emails never letters I was floored when I got an olden tiyme letter.

Spudsbud
04-06-2009, 08:44 PM
A fine writing instrument, a "Quill", on an elegant piece of Parchment :D
Melted wax insignia on the matching letter envelop's seal, of course......
VERY cool !

kv
04-06-2009, 09:01 PM
VERY cool !

I only met one other person that could type that fast a black girl at old Ameritech. she had a funny name too Fashion Hall :)

Slugo
04-06-2009, 09:28 PM
my cousin who lives in Las Vegas sends me a hand written letter every year at the holidays. I'm touhed everytime I recieve it, that someone actually took the time in this day and age to express his feelings in writing...

kv
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
my cousin who lives in Las Vegas sends me a hand written letter every year at the holidays. I'm touhed everytime I recieve it, that someone actually took the time in this day and age to express his feelings in writing...

I was stunned she took the time and mostly about me and how I was doing.

BlackHills
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
That's very cool about your nephew Kirk....you may one day be sitting in the stands watching him.

I can't remember the last time I wrote a letter....probably not since my first computer.

weaponeer
04-06-2009, 09:54 PM
VERY cool !

A few of my "quills" that I use quite a bit. These three are in my work rotation:

http://home.turbomafia.net/pens.jpg

kv
04-06-2009, 10:24 PM
A few of my "quills" that I use quite a bit. These three are in my work rotation:

http://home.turbomafia.net/pens.jpg

I guess you call it. I used fthe old scheafer pens in grade school what a big deal they made when they allowed us to use them. I knew a guy in grad. school who used a mount blanc Dplomat for note taking was amazed he did ; I would have ruined it during one session. this guy used a pocket watch also. he wa good guy.

Mike S
04-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Wow that's pretty cool Kirk. Please keep us posted on his progress. :) :)

TMK
04-07-2009, 06:25 PM
That is amazing (the nephew) good for him...as far as writing letters I still do that too...typically when I sell a watch I include a handwritten note...adds a little piece of history to the deal :)

TMK
04-07-2009, 06:27 PM
What stationery do you use...I am a Crane Bond guy (though I just bought a box of Southworth 'cause I mistakenly thought I had more Cranes)...nothing like that Crane 100% cotton paper IMHO :)

Pistolero
04-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I have a sterling silver Parker that's gone to seed. I need to clean it up and rehab it. I used to use it to fill out life insurance applications when I was at Pru. Then they switched to more NCR forms so I switched to a rollerball.