PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone...

mmw68
04-15-2009, 08:04 PM
So this is where all you guys have been. ;)

I've been very unplugged this year, away from any watch forums, AH, and then I find out that there is a new WWC playground with several old faces. ;)

So... in the last year:
Sold the GYM
Sold a bunch of watches!! OUCH!
Got out of Debt
Got back into the Tech game
Got a new job,

Moved - twice!

Tons of stress, lots of ups and downs, even a point where the family and I even asked family and friends for some help. But... now things are going great and we are diggin out from the bad business (GYM/Franchise) and I could not be happier!

Finally making some real money (again) from the new job, and my wife got a very solid state attorney job just about the time we sold the gym. It almost been two years now.

I did manage to finish my restore of my Toyota Land Cruiser 1977 FJ40. I came so very close to selling it.. but bless my wife, we found some other ways of making ends meet.

So I am looking forwards to catching up with everyone, and maybe buying a few of my watches back! :rolleyes:

http://www.cruisercrap.com/3FE40/sliders4.jpg

Mark (in Austin)

TMK
04-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey Mark...great to see you!!! :) Sorry to hear about the set backs but very glad you dug out...well done!

weaponeer
04-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey Mark, good to see you here .....

You still in the Austin area? We gotta get together some day.

mmw68
04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Yep, Iam working for company out of Reston, VA - Iam in the Airport Operations industry now. I get to do a little traveling. Are you still in San Antonio? If so - The Airport there is one of my projects, and maybe we can meet for lunch or dinner?

BlackHills
04-15-2009, 08:24 PM
Welcome Mark.....good to see you.

Rev. Grouse
04-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Welcome aboard! That is a great looking LandCruiser! Probably my favorite vehicle of all time. I really get a kick out of seeing one restored.

I remember an old friend rolling into our high school parking lot circa 1971 or 2 with his LandCruiser, (that sand beige color) and he finally put on the brakes and got out and pulled out a gas can and poured it in the L.C. We asked him what he was doing and he said figuring out when it would run dry!

I really wish Toyota would have kept true to that form. The best series of general off road vehicles ever produced.

kv
04-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Welcome aboard! That is a great looking LandCruiser! Probably my favorite vehicle of all time. I really get a kick out of seeing one restored.

I remember an old friend rolling into our high school parking lot circa 1971 or 2 with his LandCruiser, (that sand beige color) and he finally put on the brakes and got out and pulled out a gas can and poured it in the L.C. We asked him what he was doing and he said figuring out when it would run dry!

I really wish Toyota would have kept true to that form. The best series of general off road vehicles ever produced.

made to go off road crying to go off road. those were Great !!!!!!

Sushi
04-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I love your Land Cruiser, really happy you managed to hold on to it, looks new to me, must have been a real labor of love!

weaponeer
04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm up at Fort Hood ....

But I get down to Austin once in awhile with the wife to do some shopping. I'll be in Germany the next few weeks, but we're trying to set up a mini-get together in Austin with Brad, OzarkBoy and maybe Heimir. maybe sometime in mid to late may.

mmw68
04-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Iam gain for a mini bash, just let me know when. I'll drive the Cruiser of course.

Brad
04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
glad things are going your way.. lets get together with our fellow texicans, have some fun! The hill country is awesome this time of year.

Wheres the Sea Dwella, 'yotas?

Bro B-

mmw68
04-15-2009, 09:44 PM
It took almost a year and now it has A/C, carpet, new seats, top, EFI Toyota engine, and many creature comforts. I drive it about 50/50 with my other truck. Just got back from a 500 weekend camping trip. I also just realized in posting the reply that I really don't have a good picture of the overall truck - looks like I'll have to snap a few. :D

Before:
http://www.cruisercrap.com/3FE40/fj40_trailer.jpg
http://www.cruisercrap.com/3FE40/side_trailer.jpg

After:
http://www.cruisercrap.com/3FE40/roundeye.jpg
http://www.cruisercrap.com/3FE40/sliders1.jpg

Sushi
04-15-2009, 11:36 PM
IMHO, the best off road vehicle ever is that Land Cruiser, what a great 'jeep' for sure! Looks great and can't wait to see the whole truck, just awesome!

Tai-Pan
04-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Awesome. Toyota's are the best. Great restoration!

Mike S
04-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Hey Mark, Great to see you here. Sorry the gym didn't work out but glad you and the family are doing well. I hope you were able to hang onto a few of those great knives you have in your collection. That Land Cruiser is da bomb! Great job.

Welcome aboard!

Jerry
04-16-2009, 08:46 AM
good to see you , love that Toy , an amazing off road truck . I knew 3 guys that had them in the 70's , one had a 350, one a 427 side oiler the other had a 426 hemi . Sick machines .
Yours looks like it in great shape .