PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tasted Red Breast Pure Pot 12 yr old Irish Whiskey?

Bald1
04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Supposed to be distilled by the same folks who produce Jameson and the $130 per bottle Middleton Very Rare. It is described as a single, unblended, pure pot still Irish Whiskey which has been triple distilled and matured in oak casks for no less than 12 years. The nose is clean, rich and subtly sweet. On the palate, it is bold and tremendously complex.

Anyhow, curious. Anyone had a taste of this?

http://www.freewebs.com/macleod-eh/redbreast3_gr.jpg

Bald1
04-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Mmmm.... guess not. Well I'm going to see if I can special order it. It should run south of $65. The other option was Middleton Very Rare but at $130 a bottle I'd like a taste first which around here will never happen.

Bald1
04-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Damn! That was easier that I thought. Usually when special ordering something like this, our local distributor has to bring it up from Denver or worse one of the coasts. Turns out there must be local folks drinking this stuff because he has it in stock within the local warehouse. I'll pick some up after 10am tomorrow at $42 and change each plus sales tax. Mmmmmm.......

Bald1
04-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Ah......... straight with a drop of water to release the flavors. Very very smooth, complex and quite nice.

After a few more different days where I've partaken, I'll solidify my opinion. But first blush is all thumbs up!