PDA

View Full Version : Stopping piracy....

Rev. Grouse
04-16-2009, 12:34 PM
O.K., so you have a gang of 5-7 Somali raghead cannibals coming towards your tanker in a large rubber raft armed with AK 47's and a RPG or two.

What to do? Well, you saunter down to the deck, get a good rest and shoot the raft with a Remington 700 bolt actioned .308. Pop a few of the democrats while it sinks, go have lunch.

What if they get too close before you spot them? Get several guys with 12 gauge pump shotguns loaded with double ought buckshot and ventilate the obamites and their raft. Watch them sink, go have lunch.

A really industrious ship would have a couple of .50 cal sniper rifles to sink them at 1,000 yards plus.

I don't think you need an aircraft carrier to deal with these scum.

BlackHills
04-16-2009, 12:49 PM
A Ma Deuce or a M60 would be a better choice IMO. Firing at a target in small ship from a larger one while both are moving in three planes isn't easy. It would be easy enough to fabricate some pintles that could be quickly attached to the railing so the MG was stable.

Mike S
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Hell, I never understood why they don't wait for them to pull up along side and just turn your ship into their POS pie rat boat and run em down. Maybe if they're lucky the prop will turn em into chum. :D :D

TMK
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
I like the way you think :) :)

Pistolero
04-16-2009, 02:00 PM
I had suggested a pair of Ma Deuces bow and stern on each side before. Seems they could make pretty quick work of a speedboat.

Heimir
04-16-2009, 04:39 PM
those super tankers does not turn very fast.
No way you could turn into a small boat like the pirates are using.