PDA

View Full Version : For you D40 owners, time to update your firmware...

Slugo
04-17-2009, 10:49 AM
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0904/09041502nikond40d40xfirmware.asp?from=rss

karma police
04-17-2009, 11:16 AM
I feel like a tool for buying this D40 and using it like a polaroid.

ee
04-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Should I still update?

:)

Mike S
04-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Should I still update?

:)

In 1953, Norm Larsen developed WD-40. He was employed by the Rocket Chemical Company at that time. He was working on a project to help reduce water within electrical circuitry. The product he developed was able to displace water and prevent corrosion.

The WD in the name does not stand for "war department", as some people think. According to Larsen's lab notes, the letters actually stand for water displacement. The number 40 was denoted by the number of attempts needed to master the product.

The reason the myth for the words "war department" possibly began is due to who used the product first, and for what reason. Convair was the first to use WD-40 on the Atlas missile. The product was use to protect the outside of the missile from corrosion.

It was not until 1958 that WD-40 became available to the public. It was first sold in San Diego for household use.

Later the Rocket Chemical Company changed the name to WD-40. At the time, this was the only product marketed by the company. For years, the label included on it the history of preserving the Atlas rocket. For years it was sold as "Rocket WD-40".

Despite the high-tech use indicated on the label, folks were using the product for simpler tasks around the home. WD-40 can be used to stop squeaky hinges on doors and to loosen up rusty nuts and bolts. Spraying a little WD-40 can free up a door lock. Apply a little product on hand tools to prevent rust.

Cleaning tough dirt and grease can be easy with WD-40. The sticky residue from adhesive tape comes off easily with a little WD-40. If your car won't start, use a bit of WD-40 on the inside of the distributor cap to clean and dry it. The water will be eliminated and the car will start. You can even clean up those rims on your car or truck with WD-40. Do be careful not to get any of the product on your brake pads or disc.

Mike S
04-18-2009, 02:17 AM
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0904/09041502nikond40d40xfirmware.asp?from=rss

My D40, D300 and G10 all have updates but I haven't done any of em yet. Can you say: Procrastination! :) :)

Pistolero
04-18-2009, 09:19 AM
This update for the D40 isn't necessary, especially if you aren't using am "a" suffix battery.