PDA

View Full Version : Out of Stock, No Backorder..>>>>>

MAF
04-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Reloading primers are kind of scarce now at any of the online reloading sources. I went to a community garage sale today. A guy had 4 packs of 100 count small rifle primers for $3.00 a pack. I said I'd take them. He then said he had more if I wanted them. I asked if he had a better price if I bought more of them. I ended up buying 1000 for $25.00. After normally buying them all the time in 5000 count sleeves, it sucks to get excited when buying 1000.:) Regards Mark

Pistolero
04-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Went to the gun show today and I'm glad I wasn't looking to buy a gun. They were pretty thin on guns at the show. Though I did find a couple of Winchester Garands for $800-900. I did find everything I was looking for: a couple of boxes of Hornady 158 gr. .357 magnum, a picatinney mount bipod for my SIG 556 for only 40 bucks and a Bianchi leather holster for my Python. It also fits my K-frame Model 10. So it was a successful day at the show for me.

Today's tantalizing tease was an 1873 Springfield Trapdoor. Reduced to $525 from 600. I'm sure I could have gotten it for $500. I realize the .30-40 Krag was the rifle most identified with the Spanish American War, but in reality, most of our infantry troops carried the 1873. One of these days I'll get that Trapdoor. ;)

Kind of like how the 1903 Springfield is the poster child of WWI, yet 75% of the Doughboys carried the 1917 Enfield.

Bald1
04-18-2009, 06:04 PM
The shelves are bare around here.... no primers or powder... only some small amounts of brass in a few unusual calibers. Ammo has been impossible too. When Wally World, Cabelas, Scheels, whom ever gets anything in, its usually 2nd or 3rd tier stuff and still it is gone in hours.

I have never ever seen things this crazy. Thanks Obamanation!

Pistolero
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
One vendor at the gun show today had lots of reloading supplies. Or at least it appeared he did. Lots of powders, cases and bullets in the popular calibers. I didn't notice anything about primers. I didi notice my local gun store had a big box of large rifle primers yesterday.

Mike S
04-19-2009, 01:54 AM
I went to Cabella's yesterday. No 9mm or 45ACP. Two boxes of 40 S&W and a few 357 mag. Good selection of everything else. Didn't look for primers but they seemed to have a good supply of most of the reloading supplies. The line at the gun counter was nuts. It was like a feeding frenzy. Thanks B. Hussein. :( :(

Pistolero
04-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Yeah, the Hornady .357 I've been buying is about $24. For a box of 25. ;(

They also had some Hornady TAP 75 gr .223 for $25/ box of 20. I couldn't bring myself to spend $75 to fill two mags.

Mike S
04-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Only thing I noticed was the prices have gone nuts - especially .357 & .38 spl for some reason.

Yep. From what I've seen prices have doubled or better. People seem to be hording. I guess theyíre waiting to see what anti-gun, anti-ammo policies will be enacted. This is why I am holding my nose and joining the NRA. Canít stand the current leadership but itís the best way to be counted. Course it will prolly backfire as Iím sure the membership will soon be on some kind of watch list. :( :(

Pistolero
04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Course it will prolly backfire as Iím sure the membership will soon be on some kind of watch list. :( :(

Fine. One of the things I was hoping to find at the gun show yesterday was a "Proud to be a Right Wing Extremist" T-shirt. ;)

Mike S
04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Fine. One of the things I was hoping to find at the gun show yesterday was a "Proud to be a Right Wing Extremist" T-shirt. ;)

Well that label would certainly apply. ;) To both of us according to Janet Napolitano. :(

richj
04-19-2009, 04:34 PM
the club ordered 5000 Small & Large Pistol. We got remington and Federal.

TMK
04-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I'd rather be armed and watched than not armed and watched :) Is this schwartze really in charge anyway? Let's be honest, if the e-mail Scott posted is 1/2 true TMN's day are numbered...he'll get his one term and be gone...boy, now I know how the libs felt about Bush...except with 0bama it's true :)