PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my Swiss Army "Aerospace" last night.....

Mr_Pacman
02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
and the crystal has a very small, pinhead sized chip just above the bottom LCD window. Looks like there is always a small speck of dust on the crystal.

I emailed the seller, and he offered to pay for the return of the watch, or offered a $50 refund. I took the $50.

Today, I sold the bracelet to the fellow that bought my silver dial SA "Aerospace" for $125.

So, my net cost on this watch is now $185 CAD after all expenses. I tossed it on a nice Hirsch rubber strap and it looks pretty damn good.

I do have the boxes and manuals for this one, so when I get bored of it, I should be able to break even.

You can see the chip between the "1" and the "7" on the lower LCD screen

http://www.constipatedmonkey.com/XLS.JPG

Bobbo45
02-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Thats a good looker! Cool dial.

Pistolero
02-17-2010, 04:22 PM
That's a lot nicer looking than the last one. Get a new crystal and call it a keeper.

ee
02-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Very nice. I have the Breitling Aerospace. Yours is just as nice, for a lot better price.

Slugo
02-17-2010, 04:58 PM
I like it! A much better deal than the Breitling whatever...

Jerry
02-17-2010, 05:04 PM
nice , are they buying cases at the same faxtory as omeha ? sure looks like an omega case

Mr_Pacman
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
nice , are they buying cases at the same faxtory as omeha ? sure looks like an omega case

It does have that "twisted lug" design like the Omega watches.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are sourcing cases, dials, crystals and bracelets from the same place as Omega, Breitling etc. The quality on these higher end Swiss Army pieces is at the same level as the "big brands".

Sushi
02-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Yup.... those lugs look like the Omega lugs... As ugly as the last one you had, except it's not black ;):D:D Bets are open, let's have a pool to see how long Pacman keeps it this time, I say a max of two weeks... ;)

///Mike
02-17-2010, 11:33 PM
It does have that "twisted lug" design like the Omega watches.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are sourcing cases, dials, crystals and bracelets from the same place as Omega, Breitling etc. The quality on these higher end Swiss Army pieces is at the same level as the "big brands".

It's very possible. LV probably pays the tooling cost to the worthless Chinese supplier, who then uses their tooling to produce for other companies!

Don't laugh. Not long ago North Face found out that the same Chinese Factory that was taking their designs and producing product for them, was also using those same designs and tooling to produce counterfeits!

Sushi
02-18-2010, 05:31 AM
It's very possible. LV probably pays the tooling cost to the worthless Chinese supplier, who then uses their tooling to produce for other companies!

Don't laugh. Not long ago North Face found out that the same Chinese Factory that was taking their designs and producing product for them, was also using those same designs and tooling to produce counterfeits!
Yikes... where there is a mean there is a way, I really don't like the fact that where most of the manufacturing has moved thumb their nose at our laws...