PDA

View Full Version : I'm running Opera from my USB Flash Drive...

Slugo
04-22-2009, 07:58 PM
I have to admit, it's an excellent browser and quick as lightning. It's a combination of Chrome, meaning simlicity of design and it also resembles FF to a point. Worth using IMO. Any of you guys use it!?!

Pistolero
04-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Just curious, have you tried Safari for Windows yet? Sounds like you're trying everything else. LOLOLOL

Slugo
04-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Steve, the new version of Safari doesn't work for shit on Windows, but the prior version works really well. Reviews of the new Windows version have been less than stellar, but on a Mac it's great as you already know...

Pistolero
04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
It's still in the Beta version. Try it again after the final version is released.

BlackHills
04-22-2009, 09:02 PM
I've used Opera off and on since '96 or '97. Before FF came out it was my main browser.

Heimir
04-22-2009, 09:31 PM
its been years since I used Opera.
Developed in Norway so it was relevant to make sure it was compatible with the W3C standards for a project we did in Norway.

I like it but I am kind of hooked on Firefox and has been for years.

Slugo
04-22-2009, 09:39 PM
its been years since I used Opera.
Developed in Norway so it was relevant to make sure it was compatible with the W3C standards for a project we did in Norway.

I like it but I am kind of hooked on Firefox and has been for years.

It's hard to ditch FF in lieu of any other browser IMO. But, Opera is pretty nice and it works very well. If FF didn't exist, I would be using Opera. They did a nice job in developing it.

I rate them in this order:
-Firefox
-Opera
-Chrome
-IE8

Safari is a nice browser if you're using a Mac...